Win Big, Enter Now!
Wings of the North depends on folks like you to support our efforts to excite, inform and inspire people about what we all love: AVIATION! By purchasing a ticket (or a dozen?), you are not only putting yourself in the running for the grand prize, you are also keeping aloft Wings of the North as the premier flying museum of Minnesota. We really appreciate that! Our grand prize this year is$30,000 or a 1941 Piper J5-A that is currently undergoing a major refresh with new coverings and a fresh coat of paint so that it will look as it did the day it rolled out of the factory. This follows another love of ours: bringing historical airplanes back to good as new! Use the button on the right to enter with a credit card or click here to download an entry form to purchase a ticket with a check.
• New fabric everywhere.
• New paint, N number, and stripe. Just as it would look right out of the factory in 1941.
• New control cables.
• New windows.
• New windshield
• New headliner
• Low time on overhauled C85 engine. (approx. 100 hrs SMO)
• Low time aircraft (Approx 2,400 hrs)
• Battery and starter.
• All winners of secondary prizes are also eligible for the grand prize.
• The maximum number of entries is 4000. Odds of winning each of the prizes depends on the number of entries received.
• Entries must be received no later than 5pm two days prior to each drawing to be eligible to win that week.
• Enter online or click here to download the form to purchase with a check.
• If you have trouble with your purchase, please let us know so we can fix it, thanks. Email Max
These two images are of a plane owned by Danny Smith. This is very close to what our Piper will look like with its new paint job, made to look as it was 80 years ago. Thanks for the use of your pictures Danny, that’s a fine-looking airplane you have there! Images of our plane will be coming soon.
More on the Piper–
• Built in Lock Haven, PA.
• First flight: Fall, 1941, (just weeks before Pearl Harbor).
• The inspection certificate signed by William T. Piper.
• Original selling price: $1,795.
• The aircraft was featured in the movie Mercury 13, a 2018 Netflix documentary about women tested to be astronauts, back in 1961.
2021 SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
• No more than 4,000 entries will be sold.
• Enter as often as you wish.
• Entries will be available until the deadline before the final drawing, if not sold out.
• The Grand Prize drawing will be held Saturday, October 23rd, 2021, at the Wings of the North, Eden Prairie, MN. Winners will be selected by random drawings from all entries. You need not be present to win.
• There will be five more drawings for the five other prizes. One drawing every three weeks beginning on Saturday July 10th, through September 25th. Each drawing is to win one of the prizes listed on this Sweepstakes page.
• WOTN Sweepstakes entries must be received no later than 5pm two days prior to each drawing to be eligible to win that week.
• All winners shall be eligible to win any subsequent drawings and remain eligible to win the Grand Prize.
• Prizes and Odds. The Grand Prize is a Piper J-5A Cub Cruiser (Value $30,000) or $30,000 cash. All taxes, licenses, registration fee and other fees or expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Bose Headset (Value $1096), Garmin Aera 660 (Value $749), Clarity Aloft Headset (Value $525), SP-400 Handheld NAV/COM Aviation Radio (Value $299), PJ2 Handheld Com Radio (Value $200). Odds of winning each of these prizes depend on the number of eligible entries received, maximum of 4000 paid entries.
• Winners will be notified by mail and/or telephone and are required to complete a release of liability which must be returned within 14 days of notification. If attempts for notification, release, and arrangements for taking possession of prizes are not made within 30 days, prizes may be forfeited and alternate winner may be authorized.
• Eligibility is open to legal U.S. residents who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of entry.
• If you choose to enter this sweepstakes without the purchase of an entry, click on this link and follow the instructions enclosed.
• The winner will be responsible for and pay directly to Wings of the North (prior to receipt of the aircraft or by deduction from any cash prize, as applicable) any and all sales or use taxes, property taxes, and any interest or penalties on such taxes (collectively “Taxes”), that may be assessed by a State or local government against the Wings of the North, the Aircraft, or winner attributable to award of the Aircraft or the cash prize to winner.
• Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use winners’ names for future promotions and publicity purposes without compensation except where prohibited by law.
• Void where prohibited by law and in certain states where sweepstakes registration is required.
• The winners’ names will be available following the drawings.
• Official Sweepstakes Rules are subject to the interpretation of the sponsor.